Thursday, January 8, 2009

First Few Days

The last few days have been very interesting. I dropped Rachel off at the airport Tuesday morning about 8:30am so she could fly back to Michigan. She was missing her husband I think!

I live on the second floor of an 8 unit apartment building. It is on a corner lot and there is a fairly consistant stream of traffic that goes by. I'm sure the speed limit must be about 25 down our road but not many people seem to care. They go speeding by, at who knows what speed, playing their music very loudly. I find it very entertaining.

Between the neighbors in the lot behind the apartment building and the neighbors across the road I think there is about 6 dogs. Most of them love to bark. Once again I don't really mind. Then there is a cat that has tried to get into our apartment several times. I've chased him away several times. Tonight however he was content to sit outside our door and groom himself. I like cats and all but I just don't want this one thinking he is allowed in our apartment.

The Door Bell Range the other day and it was a little girl, probably about 10. She asked be if I wanted to by some cheese from her Mom. I asked what kind of cheese. She said white cheese. I asked how much and she told me $6. Needless to say I had to decline. How often do people sell cheese at people's doors? Who knows I found it a little odd. But the little girl was very cute.

There are 3 set of husbands and wives attending Center for Pioneer Church Planting (CPCP) this year. There is also a single young man named Caleb and a single young woman named Michele. Michele is sharing an apartment with me. She is 21 and from New Jersey. We get along very well and I like her a lot. She are taking turns cooking and and cleaning up!

There are also 2 other families living in the apartment building working for To Every Tribe right now as they prepare to go out on the field. There is also another family here. So the apartment building is booming with activity.

Since there are a total of 6 families living here there are a lot of kids. And I don't even know half of their names but they are all so cute. They like to play on the cement lot out back. It is quite the site to see. They seem to play together fairly well and it provides time for the parents to hang out and talk.

I've worked in the office with Tommi Sitton for 3 days now. And I've learn quite a few things but still have a lot way to go. I've attended a staff meeting as well as many other things that I will not list here. We use e-mail a lot and I love the people I'm working with. I'll have to tell you more about them later.

I've been to Walmart a few times now and it is ratheer strange to look all around and not see another blonde person. They are few and far between down here. I was in line behind the cutest little boy. He kept staring at me and he was wearing a zip up hoodie and kept taking the hood off and on and zipping the zipper up and down and smiling at me. I could help but chuckkle to myself. Also something very different down here is that signs in stores are often in Spanish and English so if you pay attention you can learn a lot.

I think I may be going into Mexico with several other people this Saturday. We will have to see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment