Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Journey

On Jan. 1 at about 11am my sister Rachel and I left to drive to Texas, which is to be my home for the next 3 years. We drove about 10 hours the first day and made it to West Memphis, Arkansass and got a hotel room for the night.

We had a great time talking and listenign to music we enjoyed when we were teens. We laughed a lot and talked about some serious things as well.

On Friday we hit the road again about 9am and drove to North West Lousiana to visit some of Band and Rachel's friends from when Ben was in the Airforce. I had met the couple and their son when visiting Ben and Rachel in Nebraska last year. So we had a good visit and then hit the road again and drove and got a hotel a little South West of Houston, Texas.

Saturday we managed to get on the road before 9am and reached our destination in Texas a little after 2pm. We were very glad to get out of the car and be done driving. I was excited to see where I would be living and move all my things in.

The road trip went amazingly well. We didn't get lost, get in an accident and my car didn't break down. I'm very thankful to God for his protection on the trip

No comments:

Post a Comment