Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pictures

Here are some pictures. Finally!! I'm sorry I didn't post them earlier.

This is the apartment building! It has 8 units in it. Four on the first floor and four on the second. The apartment on the top floor here is the one that Michele and I share. We have clothes hanging from the railing drying!

Michele is 21 and from New Jersey. I love sharing an apartment with her. She is a lot of fun and we have fun cooking, cleaning, reading, getting water and grocery shopping together. I know she would appreciate your prayers.

Chris and Caleb share the other apartment on the the upper level on this side of the building. Chris attended CPCP 2 years ago and would like to be a missionary in Mexico. Caleb is a student at CPCP this year.

Reuben and Debbie and their 2 children, David and Elisabeth are below us. Please pray for Reuben, he has cellulitus and is in the hospital because it is so bad. Pray that he would recover soon and be able to get back to classes. Scott and Kate and their little girl Grace live in the other apartment on the lower level. Pray for Scott and Kate as Kate is pregnant and could deli ever any day! Both of these couples are students at CPCP this year!

This is the other side of the apartment building. On the upper level left side are Bill and Amy and their 2 children Caroline and Eli.

On the upper level right side are Mark and Belinda with their 2 girls Bradly and Erin. Pray for them as they are raising support to go to Papua New Guinea.

Mark and Belinda had all the singles over for dinner the Tuesday after school started. It was a great time of fellowship! I really appreciated it!

On the lower level left side are Alex and Kelley and their 2 children Halley and Graham. Pray for them as they raise support to go to Papua New Guinea. On the lower right side are Matt and Leanne with their three girls Jacy, Julia and Tabitha. Matt is attending CPCP this year.

This is a picture of the new laundry building I mentioned in the post right before this one. To the right (not show in the picture) is the apartment building.

Where the white suburban is parked is the kids play area. There are a total of 12 kids living in the apartment building, which makes for a lot of bike riding and activity!

The building on the far left (that you only see a corner of) is the office building. It has several offices, a conference room and kitchen.


This shows all the building on the property except the new laundry room which is behind the office building.
On the left we have the building (entire building not shown) that houses the class room for CPCP and the apartment for the speaker of the week.
Middle is the office building.

The tall building in the back is the apartment building.

This is the apartment Michele and I share! We decorated with what we have. If you look in the far right of the picture you can see the door frame to our front door. This picture was taken from the kitchen.
Thursday night we had the guys (Chris and Caleb) over for dinner. It was a lot of fun. Chris grilled burgers on the grill and Michele and I made a salad and brownies and heated up fries in the oven.
We just about constantly have someone over. Or are at someone Else's apartment.
There is a really good community over here. the weather is very nice this time of year so we all have our window's open and say hi and have conversations through windows.


This is our kitchen. Seems like we spend a lot of time in it. Sometimes we cook and sometimes we don't. We have not made anything we didn't like or that turned out poorly!
Both of us have limited cooking experience. Ironically, it seems that we both don't like a lot of the same things. We also enjoy many of the same things.

I think the inside of our refrigerator looks rather empty. Not because there is a lack of food but simply because there is only 2 of us. I'm use to seeing enough food for 5 in a refrigerator.

Last night Michele and I had fun cooking for a potluck. Since we all live so close it was decided that we should all eat dinner together. Which was a lot of fun. We had fun tasting good food from other people!
This is my room. I think I'm pretty close to settled. There is however, a few more things I need to do. Things I would like to organize better.
The most important thing left to do is to put up pictures of my family!
When I packed my car before Rachel and I drove to Texas I ended up taking out the pictures! I was very disappointed! However, my Mom was nice enough to mail them to me!

Thanks Mom!
So I'm most likely going to much up pictures tonight!
I also have a closet, a dresser and another twin bed in my room. I have already shared my room with 2 other people. Which I don't mind. It is nice to have the option to have people come stay. I think there will be at least 2 more people staying with us before August.
So that is what it looks like around here. I might, at some point post pictures of the view out our front door. The neighborhood is quite diverse. I find it very interesting!
Check out my next post, soon to come! I have pictures to post from our trip into Mexico a week ago.
We will also be in Mexico this Friday and Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. I just have one thing to say -
    Make sure Chris and Caleb know you have a brother!
    -LOL-
    I'm excited for all your friends pickle!!!!

    I love your pictures!

    Is Michelle cool... or were you just putting that up there because it was nice... lol, j/k!

    I'll have to tell you about Spencer and the bathroom schedule at HPA sometime... it's really funny!

    Lemme know when u post again!
    -Beans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, that bedroom looks too clean to be yours! lol! It needs scrapbooking stuff scattered across the floor!

    Love you so much and am so happy that you're happy. The new roommate sounds great!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete