Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Amazing Things

Last month many of the students at CPCP and also staff members went on an over night trip into Mexico and we stayed in small village. While we where there some of the people in the village requested a Bible Study. It was very moving.


In the States I don't think there has ever been a time when a group of Christians I don't know stopped into town and we decided to drop everything we had going on and have a spur of the moment Bible Study. It just doesn't happen. I know there are many qualifying statements, and things to be careful of. In the States we are busy, we schedule things. This isn't a bad thing and we should be cautious of anyone who happens to just roll into town and wants to teach, they could be teaching heresy.

However, there you see a few people in a small village who are hungry for the word of God and for Christian fellowship. They want you to talk to them about the things of God. In the States sadly this is not always the case. I know I have never said "Wow, I'm so hungry for Christian fellowship and Bible Study I think I'll cancel my plans for tonight and have a Bible Study." Sadly many times I go to Bible Studies and sometimes even church out of a sense of duty. I am always so blessed and happy to be there but I don't always have the right attitude before going.

Another thing that totally amazed me about this trip is that fact that the people in EZ invited us to stay in their homes, with them when they had never meet us before. Their hospitality was unreal. When ever we extend hospitality to others it is usually on our terms. We do it, when we want to, when it fits into our schedule. Once again there are qualifying statements. I know life in the States is very different from life in Mexico. We can learn things from Mexicans, however I am not saying that we should all adapt to how they do things. I'm simply saying we should evaluate our lives. What does God want us to do??

I feel many times we are simply too wrapped up in our little worlds, doing what we want, when we want, how we want, when what God wants is for us to listen to him and follow him. We have all these convinces and life is so complex that it is hard to make the truly important things priorities. And I will say that I am just as guilty as the next person.

As we were leaving Mexico after this first over night trip, I was really sad as we drove by all the houses knowing that inside most of them were people that are deceived by the enemy.

When was the last time you where moved to tears and truly sad because there are people out there who don't know the Gospel?? Sadly, I think that may have been the first time for me.

And further more when was the last time you where moved enough to actually do something about it?? I know there are times when we care enough to do something about it for a period of time, and then it fizzles out.

I am praying that we would be moved to the point of deep brokenness for the name of Christ. That it would cause us deep agony to know that there are millions and millions of people who have never heard the name of our Amazing God.

Please pray with me. That God would continue a revival and they we would be a part of it. God is moving greatly in the world, in many places. I am just beginning to get a glimpse of the amazing things he is doing. I am just as much in need of brokenness as anyone else.

May God break our hearts (mine and yours) for the nations and cause us to seek after, to crave him more and more each day. May we be moved to continuous action of speaking his name and telling of his wonders to all we meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment