Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Company

Just about every week there is a new speaker at CPCP (Center for Pioneer Church Planting) and all the families and the singles take turns having them for dinner every week. Monday night is the designated night for the singles to cook for the speaker.



Last week we had Fred Zaspel, and this week we had David Depew for dinner. It has been a lot of fun. Between the four singles we figure out what we are going to cook and it very interesting because I think most of us don't have very much experience with cooking. I'm praying that if our attempts at cooking turn out bad that it will not be on Monday nights. However, I am certain that that teachers will be gracious to us, if that does indeed happen.



We had an excellent dinner with David Depew. David is the President of New Life Advance International (I encourage you to google this if you have time) and he is a very interesting man to talk to. David encouraged us to keep learning as we grow older. Tommi told me that he has prayed for an assistant for her for a long time, and also been very instrumental in convincing people that she needed one. It feels very interesting to be told that you are a direct answer to prayer.



Dinner turned out well last night, and I would like to thank Nancy R. for putting together the cook book for me and also for the ladies at my home Church in MI for contributing to the book. I made Marilyn's Chicken Casserole and it was so good. I will be making many more times I am sure.

My Mom finds it very entertaining that I am having to cook. I've called her many times. So far she has enlightened me on how to cook fresh broccoli, fresh beans, how to cook potatoes for her potato salad, sent me her banana cake recipe, told me I won't die if I don't have pumpkin pie spice.

Michele and I have worked out a schedule for cooking. Monday is combine meal with the guys and the speaker, Tuesday I cook, Wednesday we do something quick because there is church, Thursday she cooks. And Friday, Saturday and Sunday we eat whatever. That is for dinners only. We each get our own breakfast and lunch during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment